Since 1934, the Pegasus sign, displaying the world-famous trademark of ExxonMobil, has been an icon in the city of Dallas. The Pegasus sign was originally installed atop the Magnolia Building, home of the then Magnolia Oil Company, at 1401 Commerce Street, to welcome the first annual meeting of the American Petroleum Institute.
For over 75 years, the rotating neon red sign represented the presence of the Magnolia Company, which eventually merged with Mobil Oil in 1966 and ExxonMobil in 1999, in the city of Dallas.
In 2000, the original Pegasus sign was sent to pasture and a replica was installed in its place atop the building.
This is a smaller representation of the sign that is still on display at the heart of the city. Beautiful piece to add to any ornament collection.